Penetration Tester – Seattle or Remote
An Information Security Consultancy based in Seattle, who are a trusted adviser to top organizations worldwide and a leader in the cybersecurity industry, are looking for passionate pentesters who are knowledgeable in application security and vulnerabilities, to join their team at all levels junior – senior.
They have an excellent work culture and provide dedicated time for professional development and research as well as a variety of web app engagements.
- Penetration tests on Web and Conventional applications as well as embedded, firmware, mobile and more
- Use a combination of manual and automated techniques to assess risks and circumvent security mechanisms of devices and applications
- Design and develop security testing scenarios
- Create threat models that result in more secure application design
- Analyze and present results of testing to team members, managers and customers
- Write detailed problem reports, test plan documents, and mitigation recommendations as needed
- Develop tools to aid penetration test automation and effectiveness
- Review code for common security vulnerabilities
- Penetration Testing experience, ideally in web application security.
- Application security bugs and other attack types
- Working knowledge of common security testing tools like Burp Suite, SQLMap, Metasploit, IDAPro, etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to code in one or more language
- Above average knowledge Windows and/or Linux and Unix variants
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- S. in Computer Science or related technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in IT or related technology field
- US Citizen (Working for a government contract)
- Security certification such as OCPS, OSCE, or a similar security certification
Nice to have:
- Understanding of application design, development, and testing techniques
- Involved in Bug Bounty program
- Participated in a Capture the Flag event
These positions offer:
- A variety of engagements
- Excellent work culture
- Great professional development opportunities – expenses paid
- Unlimited PTO
- Travel largely limited to Seattle area.
- Relocation packages to Seattle for US citizens.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance coverage provided
- Flexible working
Salary – up to $120k
Remote working available for US citizens on a case by case for those with industry experience.
Apply Back to search